You’ve made the leap and you’ve signed up for JDate. But now that you’re officially online dating, you might be wondering how to go about finding someone. I’m not just talking about any guy or gal on the site; I mean someone with real potential. Use these tips for taking advantage of all the great features on JDate.
1. Whip Your Profile Into Shape
Adding minimal info to your profile is no way to find a real match online. You’ll need to put a little extra effort into really filling out your profile if you want to stand out from the crowd. Fortunately, JDate has some great member profile features that allow you to customize your online image in a way that reflects the real you.
For starters, you’ll want to select your best photos for an eye-catching first impression. From there, it’s all about letting your personality shine through. In addition to adding details about your interests, hobbies, work life and goals, you can also add some fun facts or even include a favorite quote (thanks to the recent JDate redesign). More info on your profile leads to better matches in the long run.
2. Spring For The Upgraded Membership
Okay, so you know you can browse JDate for free, and that’s great. But if you’re serious about finding “the one,” it’s highly recommended that you upgrade to a paid membership. It really is worth it since it’s the only way you can send and receive messages with other subscribers or start a live Chat via Instant Message. You can also upgrade to AllAccess to send messages to all JDate members (not just other paid subscribers).
If you really want to stand out, you can also opt for some of JDate’s premium features, such as:
- Spotlight Profile, which appears at the top of the search results based on criteria that you set.
- Highlight Profile, which adds an eye-catching border to your profile in the search results.
To upgrade your membership now, just log into your JDate account and click on the “Upgrade Now” link found at the top right of any page.
3. Learn The Ins And Outs Of The Search Function
The “Browse” button on JDate lets you instantly start searching for matches. But unless you know the right way to search, you might not get the results you want. Here are some insider tips to help you find the best matches:
- Edit your default search: Your Match Preferences determine your default search criteria. However, you can modify any search with options at the top of the search page or with the Refine Search fields on the left of the screen.
- See who’s currently online: When on the Search page, check the “Online Now” box to get these members in your results. You can also check out your Activity to see who’s online; a green circle will appear on the profile card to show that someone is currently on the site.
- Find out if they’re active on JDate: Recently active users are more likely to respond to messages. To see when they were on JDate, check out “Last Logged In,” which is listed just under the intro on each member’s profile.
- Check out who’s new: If you want to see who’s new to the site, filter your search results by Newest. (See the Sort By buttons for other options, like Last Online, Closest and Match %).
- Look for specific keywords: If you really want to date someone who shares your hobby or has a specific personal quality, use the Keyword Search.
Now that you know all about the ways to improve your online dating experience, it’s time to make JDate work for you. Get your profile looking great and try out our snazzy search functions to find the very best matches for you.
You may also be interested in How To Make Your Profile Stand Out On JDate