Not a member yet? Meet Jewish Singles Now!


Dear JDate,

I had made a promise to my grandpa when he passed in 2003 that I would marry within the Jewish faith. I intended to keep that promise regardless of what anyone did to discourage me. I had been on JDate for quite some time and was losing hope that I would ever find my happily ever after. On October 25, 2005, I had jury duty. My dad went with me to keep me company. On a lunch break, I expressed to him how I was tired of JDate and I was removing my profile that day. My dad suggested I should try one more thorough search of the site before I cancel my subscription. I listened to him. Jenny+&+Siggy+1

That afternoon, I went on the computer and paged through once more. Then, this adorable guy popped up on my screen. My heart felt fluttery, so I IM’d him. Two minutes later, we had a date set up for Thursday, October 27, 2005. The irony was that the guy I met, Siggy, had just signed up for JDate and had only been a member for about five minutes. Had it not been for perfect timing, we never would have met. That Thursday, we met at this cute little Mediterranean cafe. We had a five-hour lunch; it felt like I had known him all my life! I had an appointment and was already very late. I didn’t want to be rude because I liked him so much. I got up to go to the Ladies room. Siggy then got up to go to the men’s room. Siggy asked if I would like to sit back down and talk more. How could I resist? He kept ordering Turkish coffees so I wouldn’t leave.  After our lunch, he walked me to my car and asked me on a second date. I accepted. 

Jenny+&+Siggy+3That July, I was visiting Disney World with my family, and was about to fly back to New York. When I got to the customer service desk at the airport, the clerk said my flight didn’t leave ‘til the next day. Superstition had taken hold of me, so I took a taxi back to the hotel. I called Siggy telling him of the mishap. He was in a tizzy, telling me he would buy me a plane ticket back that day and not to leave the airport. It was too late though. At the hotel, my dad said I should fly back that day because Siggy had bought the ticket already. My dad drove me to the airport. When I got into New York, Siggy was waiting with a dozen pink roses. When we got back to his parents’ New York summer home, I was on my way to take a nap. Siggy grabbed my hand and told me he wanted to show me something outside. He led me to a beautiful picnic he set up under a lush tree. We sat down, had lunch, then he got very quiet. All of a sudden he got down on his knee and hugged me, told me how much he loved me, and asked me to marry him, I said, “Yes!” I pulled him up and hugged him.  He then said, “Wait! Do you want to see your ring?” He gave me the ring and it was spectacular (my dad knew what was happening all along because Siggy asked his permission to marry me)!

We went through a lot to be together after that. But, I’ll spare you the drama (it would be the length of War and Peace).

Siggy and I had a beautiful Disney fairytale wedding; it was our dream come true. Our wedding was like the end of Cinderella…they lived happily ever after…and left all the jerks behind.

Jenny and Siggy
Las Vegas, Nevada 

Found love on JDate? Tell us about it!
One Comment
  1. That’s a greatest story I have ever heard. Thanks for sharing it with us. Good luck, lots of love and happiness to you,guys.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *