There are close to half a billion people on Instagram, more than half a billion on Twitter and more than 1.5 billion on Facebook … so it can be difficult to find celebrity profiles that you want to follow. But when it comes to Jewish celebs, there are a few standouts on social media you should be sure to follow.
Whether you know her from “Blossom” or “The Big Bang Theory,” it’s worth following Mayim on Facebook as she lends her intelligent opinion to a number of topics. Aside from being an actress from a young age, Mayim also has a PhD in neuroscience (just like her character on “TBBT” Amy Farrah Fowler) so her posts are interesting and articulate. The best part is that Mayim is actually the one posting (not some agent or PR rep) and she responds to many of followers, particularly when she is accused of being offensive. Mayim is also a Modern Orthodox Jew, so she powers down on Shabbat, but throughout the week she posts on topics like attachment parenting, comics, Israel and current events.
Most people know that the 2 Broke Girls actress is hilarious, but they don’t know that she’s also a member of the tribe. Kat’s Twitter account (@OfficialKat) allows her to share her 160-character one-liners like “Go home Salad, nobody likes you” and “Home is where the no pants are.”
The Jewish actor was recently bar mitzvah’ed with the help of his BFF, fellow tribe member Seth Rogen, and all of the shenanigans were broadcast across both of their Instagram accounts. Franco also uses his Instagram account (@JamesFrancoTV) to share photos from his never-ending projects and use his self-deprecating, anti-Hollywood rhetoric to make and sell T-shirts out of his selfies.
The popular comedian posts quips and hilarious photos on social media and doesn’t hold back. Whether it is letting the world know what “plus size” is or going off on the host of “The Bachelor,” Amy lets her voice be heard. She also posts funny photos starring her niece The Duchess, advocates for good causes and promotes her fellow comediennes (many of whom are also Jews). She can be found on Twitter and Instagram under her @AmySchumer handle.
She’s been making us laugh for years, but now the younger generations are learning all about the veteran comedienne via social media. Bette shares her hilarious stances on controversial subjects on Facebook and on Twitter. Whether she’s taking on Kim Kardashian’s nude selfies, LGBT rights or this year’s presidential elections, the Divine Miss M has catapulted to the top of social media feeds everywhere.
- Zac Efron on Instagram: This Jewish actor posts topless pics pretty regularly. Follow him now. Thank me later.
- BroadCity on Twitter: Follow Ilana and Abbi as they post clips from their Comedy Central show “Broad City.”
- Andy Cohen on Instagram and Twitter: Whether you’re a fan of a Bravo TV show, like getting the scoop from his interviews on “Watch What Happens Live” or enjoy his insider info from his best-selling books, Andy Cohen is a must-follow.
- Dr. Ruth on Twitter: The renowned sex therapist posts funny one-liners like: “So today is #NationalBeerDay. Don’t celebrate so heartily that it becomes National No Sex Day.”
- Funny accounts like @CrazyJewishMom, @TheFatJewish, @DaddyIssues_ and @God
Whether you’re looking for comedy, insight or inspiration, these Jewish celebrity social media accounts have you covered. See why these members of the tribe are making waves online by following their accounts ASAP.