Are you headed to the MatzoBall this year without a go-to pick-up line at the ready? Bad move. You’ll never land that mensch/shayna maidel without something to say to distinguish you from all the other Jews looking for their Beshert! Try one of these guaranteed-to-make-people-look-at-you-twice (no guarantee if it’s for positive or negative reasons) Chanukah-themed pick-up lines!
1. “Is that a dreidel in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?”
Make sure to follow up with: “a big dreidel, I mean!” And “Oh, um, forget it.” Totally smooth.
2. “Do you think our kids should get eight small presents or one big one?”
Guys love when you picture the kids you’ll have together before even going on a first date! Not weird at all. Specify how many kids you mean, and that you want them before turning 30.
3. “Your eyes are shinier than the oil in the menorah!”
Yes, they used to use oil. Not candles. Didn’t you go to Hebrew School? Don’t worry, she’ll understand.
4. “Come back to my house and I can show you how to make latkes.”
Yeah, it’s the recipe on the Manischewitz box of latke mix, but she doesn’t know that. She thinks you’re mature enough to purchase potatoes and a grater.
5. “You look like you like sufganiyot!”
She can’t possibly take offense to the fact that you said she looks like she likes to load up on jelly donuts! Trust me!
6. “You look like a Maccabee warrior.”
Another clear winner. Not strange in the slightest.
7. “Don’t you hate when non-Jews think that Chanuka is as big a deal as Christmas is?”
Everyone likes when you complain about large groups of people and overgeneralize. It makes you look open-minded.
8. “On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re hotter than the number of nights of Chanukah.”
Can’t go wrong with this. If he stops to do the math, move on to higher IQ pastures.
Good luck and Happy Chanukah!