In my latest novel, Find Me I’m Yours (featured on CNN.com), the main character, Mags, who is ready to find her soul mate, is convinced by her best friend Coco to make a video to post on CreativeMatchmaking.com, a dating site for artists.
Of course I had to do some research, and pretty quickly I got a good idea about not so much WHAT to include, but what NOT to. That said, here are my “Top 15 Things NOT to Include in Your Dating Profile Video:”
- Your Justin Bieber impression.
- A list of rules for dating you . . . from your mom.
- Your current boy/girlfriend.
- A dramatic reading of the text your ex sent to break up with you.
- A shout out to Ray Rice.
- A plug for your next interpretive dance performance at the community center.
- Your, um . . . “stuff.”
- How you’d like to lose fifteen pounds before having sex with anyone.
- A song about how you’re addicted to painkillers.
- A message from Pierre, your stuffed pink elephant.
- Your social security number.
- Your collection of milk cartons with missing persons on them.
- A detailed list of what you expect to be bought for you on your first date, with dollar amounts.
- The phrase “looking to upgrade.”
- An out-loud reading of the names of all 1,251 of your Facebook friends to show how popular you are.