Are You Ready to Find Your Soul Mate?
Find out by taking this quiz!
1. When you picture your wedding day, the first thing that pops into your head is:
- The epic joy of bonding in matrimony with the one I love.
- Cake, booze, and a party!
- Increasing my assets.
- The last scene in The Graduate, where the girl chooses a bus ride with a guy who slept with her mother over getting married.
2. The thought of growing old with your spouse makes you feel:
- Warm and fuzzy. It’ll be wonderful to share the later years with a mate who knows me so well.
- Nervous. What if my spouse turns into a demented codger and I have to constantly apologize for their rants about the president?
- Grossed out. Old people are super wrinkly!
- Hoodwinked. If I hadn’t gotten married, I’d still be a swingin’ single!
3. When you look at your parents’ marriage, you think:
- I hope mine is exactly the same, right down to the matching outfits and speaking in unison.
- It’s wonderful they were able to find love, even if it was with the housekeeper/pool guy.
- I’m just happy my dad got citizenship out of the deal.
- Dear God, save me from that fate worse than death.
4. When you think about your honeymoon, the first thing that comes to mind is:
- Escaping to a paradise of wedded bliss with my one true love.
- Sex, booze, and a party!
- I’d better start applying for some more credit cards.
- Maybe there’ll be a hot stranger on this island . . .
5. The thought of raising kids with your spouse makes you feel:
- Elated. They’ll be living representations of the bond I share with my mate!
- Jealous. They’re the ones who are gonna get to drive flying cars and live on the moon!
- Nervous. What if they’re bratty . . . or worse: ugly?
- Angry. Those little monsters are gonna suck up all our money!
6. The thing you value most in a mate is:
- We binge watch How I Met Your Mother and both laugh (and cry) at the same parts.
- Not giving me too much grief about my snoring, except maybe that one time when birthday present was just a bunch of Breathe Right nasal strips.
- Separate bank accounts.
- Their JDate profile — keeping options open.
© 2014 Hillary Carlip, author of Find Me I’m Yours
Author Bio Find Me I’m Yours is the fifth book written by best-selling, award-winning author Hillary Carlip (À la Cart: The Secret Lives of Grocery Shoppers, Queen of the Oddballs: And Other True Stores From a Life Unaccording to Plan, Zine Scene, Girl Power: Young Women Speak Out). As a visual artist, her work has been sold in galleries and shown alongside Andy Warhol and Damien Hirst in a five-city museum exhibit. Hillary has been creating content, websites, and news in the digital space since 1999. The New York Times declared, “Ms. Carlip’s curriculum vitae reads like a CliffsNotes version of American Popular culture,” and the Chicago Tribune called Hillary, “Gloriously idiosyncratic.” Click here for more information, or follow on Facebook and Twitter!